Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let's Try this one more time...

Well, I decided almost a year ago that I would start a blog... well I am just now getting around to it. The reason being, the Holy Spirit has really convicted me to share our story of infertility. It has been extreemly helpful everytime I come across a blog where someone has had issues in this department, and I thought that through this that maybe we can help others. Especially when it seems the majority of what you read in blogs is about someone either pregnant or someone who already has a family. So, hopefully this will help others while being an outlet for me.



Okay, okay... back up. Here is the update on what is new with the Gardner's! We are about to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary in February and we have a little one named Sam. He is our four legged puppy that we adopted in September. He is now 6 months old and weighs 55 LBS!!! Woah! He has been so much fun. I will post pics later.



Nick and I prayerfully decided to start trying to have a baby around the end of '07. We decided to go off of the pill on January 1st 2008. So we started doing the whole temp thing and the whole ovulation kits even standing on my head! YEP! I admit it! Desparate times call for desparate measures right?! It would be a fun story if it worked! Anyway, each month came up a big fat negative. Except for one time... before our trip to San Antonio...Funny story so I have to share! My MIL gave always gets free stuff and good deals from the drug stores and she brought us a bag full of random things that you need around the house. One of the things ended up being a digital pregnancy test with extra test strips. The morning before our trip to San Antonio, my period was late, I took the test and it was POSITIVE!!! I freaked out bc we had just started trying. I brought the extra test strips with us to the airport to check again- positive again! I just felt like it couldn't be right, so I bought a clear blue easy brand and it was negative! I got home and researched this product on the internet! There was a law suit against the company and they had to be pulled of the shelves! LOL!!! That would happen to us! One girl who used it said that she had her husband pee on the stick and it was positive for him too! So- point of the story, whatever you do, don't get Confirm Clearly!!!!!!!


I was down a little bit, but I was so faithfull that God would provide. I was working in an extreemly stressfull job at the time and thought that the job was the reason. I worked at the American Heart Association and my event was the Heart Walk. The week after the heart walk at the end of August, I had a "ruptured cyst" to where I had severe cramps in my abdomen that was so dibilitating. I ran to the bathroom thinking I must have food poisioning. I was vomiting and the pain was so bad I started having convultions on the bathroom floor. Poor Nick. He didn't know what to do! My father is a physician so I told him to call them imediately. Which he did and my parent's came shortly after. They took me to the ER where they thought that I must have an ectopic pregnancy. But, after the test came back negative, they diagnosed it as a ruptured cyst and told me to go to my OB/GYN the following week.



I met with my physician, Dr. Dan Hudson at Henderson and Walton and he told me that he wanted me to go ahead to their infertility department there at H & W. I was extreemly happy because everything I read on the internet said that usually they wouldn't let you go until after you had been trying for atleast a year. So, I had the tests and they started us on Clomid. I did 2 rounds of Clomid with every cycle having one to two "ruptured cysts". On top of that, they were watching a cyst that was on my left ovary that just didn't seem to want to go away.



Nick finally gave in to a precious little puppy dog! I think it was because he knew that I needed to fill that motherly instinct into something, so we adopted Sam in September!!! It has been one of the best things that we did! He has made us so happy and it really does somehow, sometimes pacify my desire!



In October I found out that I got a new job! We just knew that without the stress we would concieve! We went on a trip to Puerto Rico mid- October and I really had my hopes up. People always say that they concieved their children when they were relaxing on a vacay. Well, it came up negative again. But that was okay because I felt that the Lord had totally blessed us with this new job for me. It was something that he totally had favor over me for and it was very evident. Also, Nick got his little swimmers checked out and everything was exceptionally good! WHich was a huge blessing! We got to just check that one off of the list!



In November we had an HSG, where they shoot dye into your tubes to make sure they are clear and not blocked. Nick went with me. Everything was clear! It was a GREAT report, but I was so sad! What is the reason why we can't get pregnant if everything looks good? On top of that I was having so much pain all of the time it seemed like. I honestly thought the whole time it was becuse of the cyst. I couldn't work out. The fertility nurses actually told me that it would make the pain worse, which it did. The pain just seemed to get worse and worse. This also made me sad because I even got to a point where I was having anxiety about going places because I was afraid that I would have another "ruptured cyst".



They put us back on Birth Control for the month of December. This was the end of one year of trying to concieve.

No comments: